Ethical Money Church Development Officer
for Ethical Money Churches in Birmingham & the Black Country Project
24 months (with possible extension), part time 3 days a week, working from home with easy access to the Birmingham and Wolverhampton area
Salary £23,000 (annual equivalent)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a unique project which is being delivered by the Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility (ECCR) in collaboration with the Churches and Industry Group Birmingham and Solihull & the Black Country Urban Industrial Mission.
The project will empower and resource local and regional worshipping communities in Birmingham & the Black Country. Its aim is to deepen congregations’ and communities’ understanding of faith and finance and to connect them with initiatives which bring greater financial resilience and empowerment to communities.
An understanding of political, social and economic issues and an ability to reflect upon them theologically is essential together with knowledge of the region’s established network of churches and associated organisations. Excellent communication skills with experience of engaging with churches and other worshipping communities both in writing and through public speaking is vital. Expertise in operating web sites and using social media is essential to the role.
To be successful you will need to show:
- Creative thinking and commitment to working with faith communities to develop strategies in the good stewardship of assets and money for which they have responsibility
- You are a team player with excellent networking and people skills
- Self-motivation and be proactive with the ability to work under direction and on your own initiative, to prioritise work effectively and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, ability to relate to, inspire and co-ordinate a wide range of individuals and groups
- The ability to work ecumenically and openness to work with people of other faiths.
For further information, Job Description and Application Form please go to:
This is an exciting role in a unique project and you will be relating to a number of teams made up of organisations and people who are committed to empowering & transforming communities.